Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HEARD. Vol. 2

The people quoted below have three things in common: they're all adults, they're all people I spend time with and none of them had any idea that their words were being recorded. Their identities will not be revealed.

Last time I gave myself 7 days to get the recording done. This time I just listened.

And this is what I heard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I want some original house of pancakes. But I won't get any anytime soon because I'm a crackhead."
 
"I hate when someone dances and they thrust too hard. You can't fix that."
 
"It was like a silent announcement."
 
"It's nationwide. You know. The whole world."

"Happy birthday. Wait. I meant to say thank you. How did that happen?"
 
"I have to have a schedule or I'll just throw up all the time."
 
"Why when I say breathe do you breathe out? That's not breathing."
 
"I just wish I had a rhinestone cuff on my ankle."
 
"It's the latest thing! It's been out for awhile though."
 
"Whenever I walk around in Office Depot, my toes catch on the floor."
 
"Plain potato chips taste like stale milk."
 
"I want you to be Eminem for Halloween next Christmas."
 
"How do they grow chocolate?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kilah: "If this is the caliber of people that make up my friendship circles, I must be doing something right."

No comments:

Post a Comment