Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 1

Happy New Year.

For the next 365 days I will be journaling online. My goal is to keep track of myself, appreciate the crazy goodness of life and hold myself accountable for the choices I make. I am trading my cloak of silence for ones of honesty, openness and courage. Be patient. New wardrobes always require a period of adjustment.

365 days begins now.

Thanks for reading along.
-----------------------------
This morning as I stood in my room after my shower, I glanced over my shoulder and saw this:



















This is Josephine. She is the resident cat at the castle, and she nearly gave me a coronary. She roams all over Hollywood and only comes home to eat. Because her owner lives on the second floor, Josephine gets into the building through whatever open window she can find. Still wrapped in my towel and already running late, I spent the next 10 minutes coaxing this kitty out of the apartment. I finally picked her up, carried her to the door and deposited her into the hallway. As I stood up I realized that I had also deposited my towel.

Day 1: Public nudity.

I've been feeling lonely, melancholy, exhausted and homesick. I've been questioning whether being away from my family and friends is worth the effort of building a life here. My Six Monthiversary sent me reeling.

But I believe that a certain amount of reeling is good for growth.

The strongest shiniest plants afterall, begin their lives as seeds buried in a pile of manure.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Kilah -

    I totally understand the feeling. I think if you can get over this 6 month hump, things will improve greatly for you. I've heard that LA is a particularly tough city so just keep pushing & having great experiences. :) Love the sentiment about the strongest, shiniest plants- I like to think it's true.

    ReplyDelete