Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 52: HEARD. Vol. 3

The people quoted below have two things in common, they're all adults and they're all people I've come in contact with over the past several months. With the exception of one title, their identities were not recorded and will not be revealed.

There are times in this whirlwind adventure when the dust settles.

It was during those times that I listened.

This is what I heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love daydrinking."

"It was like someone transported us to London, England on the most boring day of the year."

"Q-R-S. I know my alphabet. You can't confuse me."

"Toaster ovens are like, the best thing ever."

"How do you spell impactful?"
"I-m-p-a-c-t-f-u-l. But it's not really a word."
"Impactful? It's not?"
"Nope."
"How about thrilling?"

Me: "Will you write my check please?"
My Boss: "Sure. Your last name is Shaw, right?"

"Those dresses look like cheap witches at Burning Man, I got my costume at Rite Aid."

"We made out and I was so excited because it was just what I wanted!"

"And I was like, "Hey!" 'cause I'm like, you know, friendly."

"When you say cash only does that mean I can only pay with cash?"

"Pork is a dessert meat."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kilah: "I may not understand the people in my new reality, but I am grateful for them. And thoroughly amused."

No comments:

Post a Comment