Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 34: Seven Months

Seven Months In And...

Faces are familiar.
Greetings are warmer.
Friendships are forming.

I've found a salon and stylist I love.
I can parallel park without hyperventilating.
My ears no longer pop when I'm driving up and down hills.
Gas prices no longer make my knees buckle.

People call me by name.
Plans are beginning to include me.
Conversations are easier.

I am finding peace.
My walls are wavering.
I am beginning to understand.

My concentration is shifting from what I'm missing, to what I'm experiencing.

There is predictability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the things I find fascinating about this place is how time passes. It's only been seven months, but each day feels like it holds the experiences of several different lives. I was standing on a mountaintop this morning, and at Target this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll be working at the studio all day, but standing on the boardwalk overlooking the beach at night.

The breadth of each day exceeds everything I've ever known and therefore, at times, I find it too much to comprehend. Sometimes when I look back on the day it's as if someone else has lived it. It's a strange out-of-body like emotion that is intoxicating. And one that I'm still trying to find a place for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven Months In And....

I still find new experiences refreshing.
I still gasp at the view from the top of the mountains.
I am still in awe of the Hollywood sign.

I still get lost.
The weather still confuses me.
I still have experiences that leave me happily asking myself, "Did that just happen?"

Seven months in and I am still humbled by and so grateful for the blessings on this path.

May it always be this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment