Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 11: Strange Air

Something strange is in the air tonight.

This was one of the few Labor Days that I haven't spent with my family, but I was okay. I miss my family, but I didn't think about homesickness until tonight when I wondered why the feeling wasn't there.

My day was peaceful and uneventful. The studio was open, but today was the first day of the Fall schedule, so there were no morning classes. We didn't have any rentals scheduled for today, so I slept in a little which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Classes tonight were okay. Katie's first jazz class had 3 and Nina subbed for Ryan's contemporary to a crowd of 7. I was happy to see a turn out at all on a holiday. I am more than a little nervous that our web guy hasn't updated the website with the new schedule. As of 11:45pm we still haven't heard from him, hopefully we can get it corrected tomorrow.

The city feels a little empty. There was ample parking on my street which is unheard of, and very much appreciated. I didn't even have to circle the block. I turned onto my street, saw an available space and squealed with delight while my mind wondered what in the world was going on.  After I parked, I threw my things in the house, grabbed a jacket and began the half block trek to the market. On the way, I witnessed a couple in bathing suits, run barefoot into the middle of Hollywood Blvd to take pictures of each other.

My holiday trip home is officially booked and I received my itinerary via email tonight. I am very much looking forward to spending time with my family, hanging out with my friends and being in a place where everything is familiar.

But as much as I am looking forward to home, a part of me is going to miss being here.

Something strange is in the atmosphere indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment