Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 27: Age

My little sister turns 30 today. When did that happen? She's supposed to be 7.

When did she age?

Tonight I danced for 3.5 hours. I took a class and then rehearsed for a flashmob. It's for a benefit for Livestrong and should be fun. I was watching the kids who are doing the first piece and marveling at the fact that I now refer to early twentysomethings as 'kids' because I no longer remember being one, and that they have boundless energy with seemingly no pain while I, during the last run through, could feel every fiber of every muscle tightening and locking itself into a position that will force me to limp around for the next few days.

When did I age?

I'm home now and have just finished eating a dinner of two boiled eggs and two rice cakes. I'm not on a diet, it was just already prepared. I am quite hungry. But the thought of the amount of energy it would take to walk to the kitchen, open the freezer and apply heat to my vast array of frozen food causes a furrow in the once smooth skin between my eyebrows.

The decision has been made then to use my remaining energy to shower. But, as I sit here with my legs crossed I am fully aware that my hips have solidified in their position. My legs will require my arms' assistance to unfold them and, thanks to my cemented hip joints, my feet will be facing due east and west as I hobble to the bathroom.

I love my...
I can't believe my...
I am feeling my...
Am I really my...

Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment