Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 7: "What can I do?"

I left my house at 8:20 this morning ( I am LOVING my 10 minute traffic-free commute!) and returned home at 12:15am. I am too far gone to do the simple math to calculate those hours. I just know they are a lot. And I worked them.

Between classes this morning, Austin, my boss' boyfriend and my sweet friend, stood at the front desk amidst the piles of paperwork I had spread from one end of our counter to the other and the 3 inch stack of data that needed to be entered, looked at me and said, "What can I do?".

I think I cried a little. I know I grinned a lot.

I don't know what Austin had planned for the day. What I know is that he went and got the envelopes I'd forgotten I needed, delayed his lunch to label those envelopes and delayed it again to get me a smoothie when he realized I was hungry and would not be able to leave.

Thank you Austin. Your lot a bit of kindness went an extra long way.

Payroll is finished, the deposits are prepared, the renters had a great rehearsal, the floor guy came and told me things I already knew, classes ran smoothly and a rough draft of a mass email is waiting to go out at 2pm today.

My eyes are red and my body is screaming, but life is good for this tired worn out Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment