Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 9: This California Girl

It feels like home here in L.A. for the third day in a row, so perhaps it's time to make the official declaration.

In addition to a G.R.I.T.S, I am a California Girl.

In honor of my newfound peace, I have some observations to list, but first a quick recap of the day:

I enjoyed a great hike this morning. One of the un-smoggiest days yet! It was gorgeous and HOT. Looking forward to Thursday when the high is 68. Ran errands and washed my hair. Sitting here now building up the strength to flat iron it.

I am feeling every second of my 32 years tonight. Where is the Girl who could do more than three things in a day, party all night and not need a week to recover? This whole getting old gig is for the birds. But, like my Granny used to say, it sure as hell beats the alternative.

Observations of a California Girl:

1. Changing my attitude has brought almost instant results in my commitment to get un-spun. I have opened my heart to the people around me and can already feel the acceptance that was always there.

2. Focusing forward does wonders for perspective.

3. I'm finally learning shortcuts that actually lead to my destination.

4. Due to less than ideal parking circumstances in my 'hood, a great parking space can instantly trump my nighttime plans.

5. The lack of left turn signals in this city continues to baffle me, although I must admit that it is making me more courageous driver.

6. The view from the top of my favorite peak is 360 degrees of awesome. It never ceases to amaze me.

7. I am not the only person in L.A. who gets out of their car, looks at what most would label as impossible and fist pumps after successfully parallel parking.

8. I may be the only person who takes a bow.

9. I still don't know how to apply sunscreen and not end up looking like a glowstick.

10. I think I'm gonna like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment