Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 17: I Quit This DAY for Good

It has been one of those DAYS.

The kind of DAY where everything seems harsh and loud and prickly.

And everything you think and say and do is somehow wrong.
And the things people tell you are so piercing that it bruises your soul.
And your shoulders slump so deeply that you believe your body has forgotten how to right itself.
And your best answer is "I don't know.".
And you can't figure out why in the world you put forth so much effort when people don't really know what they want.
And all you want to do is curl up in bed and sleep, but you can't because your body isn't tired, it's just heavy with DAY.

And so, DAY, I quit you. I want to be with Good instead.

Good is simple. It is large but not demanding or loud. It is still, dependable and ever present.

All that Good requires is a desire to see it. Then, it appears.

Today Good was for me:

The person in my life who was held up and robbed, but had their life spared.
The clear blue sky, warm sun and cool breeze.
The tired that comes from the privilege of having a job to do all day.
The sweet friend who is excited about new possibilities.
The text pics of the beautiful happy babies I love so much.
The great parking space I found.
The time I get to spend next week with a guy I like.
The ever growing peace I'm feeling in my new home.

DAY started out with its hands around my heart, but Good fought hard and won in the end.

Thank you God for Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment