Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 6: Business, Boots & Bruises

Great day. The heat is back, but the mornings and evenings are cool. Well, the evenings are actually cold. Wearing boots in August is all kinds of awesome.

I spent most of the day at the studio. We're working out the kinks in my schedule and I think the changes will be good. The break I got this afternoon did wonders for my attitude.

Our new class schedule begins next week, which I'm really looking forward to. It'll be interesting to see the responses. K and I met briefly about our first Free Dance Day scheduled for the 11th. Our dance space is HUGE, 2000 sq. ft., but we don't have much space for folks to hang out in. It's more than adequate for day to day, but we're still not sure how to handle FDD crowds.

We'll be launching the work study program the week of the 19th. I really like the group we have, so I'm glad some of them are staying, but I'm also looking forward to giving more folks a chance to help run the studio in exchange for free classes.

Tomorrow will be my final 14 hour Thursday :). Morning classes then a rental followed by afternoon and night classes. I love my job and the studio, but I have to admit that those days wear me out! Tomorrow is also the close of payroll. With the exception of tomorrow's classes, my spreadsheets are up to date, deposit slips completed, note cards and class sheets clipped and filed. Tomorrow will be full of copying, spreadsheet finalizing, and check writing. Sweet sweet organization.

I had a slight mishap tonight involving my car door and my clumsiness, which resulted in a shiner on the inside portion of my left elbow bone. It's a real beauty.

I am so grateful to be where I am and doing what I do with the people I'm meeting on this portion of my path.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment